New level of detail and visibility triggers. See the feature list.
New features and changes:
- Forest LOD (Level of Detail).
- A new type of object, "ForestLOD", is used to define levels of detail. Once created, assign it as Custom Object in Forest.
- Visibility triggers by Distance to camera or Screen size.
- Support for billboards and geometry.
- Custom materials.
- LOD properties can be adjusted in Camera rollout.
- Added Areas->Limit by Surface Material ID.
- Areas->Falloff Affect is splitted in Density and Scale values.
- Forest Tools->Data exporter to XML files.
- Added General->Disable Pop-ups: turns off all suggestions and warning messages, except critical errors (this option is global and persistent).
- Geometry->Get Size from Library is removed and enabled by default.
- Geometry->Global Size parameters are removed, although they are accessible by Maxscript ("globs¡ze", "width", "height")
- Geometry->Use Object Dimensions is replaced by local Scale parameter.
- New Display->Proxy model: Arrow (non-symmetrical)
- Added Display->Disable Object.
- Forest Tools->Instantiate copies User Properties, Object ID and wireframe color from the source object.
- 16 new presets: Gravel, including detail and large scale models.
- Added materials for Corona Renderer.
- Fixed problem of Exclude areas with Inverted Falloff Curves.
- Fixed issues with Distribution->Diversity Map and UV Surfaces.
- Fixed rare problem related to missing Surfaces on load.
- Fixed minor issues in Maxscript functions.
- Fixed potential crashing bug on Forest cloning.
- Forest Color ignores status of Override checkbox when using Tint by Element.
- Added Undo support to Geometry->Copy/Paste operations.
Registered customers of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from User Panel->Beta versions
Image by State of Art Academy
Did you enjoy this article? I would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and comment below! Please don’t forget to subscribe to my RSS-feed or follow my feed on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word! Or, if you would like, drop me an email.